Thursday, January 10, 2013

OREO: twist, lick and dunk!!! :)

Hey guys!! I was in the grocery this afternoon (Cash n Carry, Makati) when I saw this Oreo with cute little thing on it.. It got me curious so I picked up a pack and it has free erasers. It's so adorable that I had to buy one for my son.

             For only Php 47.00 we can enjoy 10 snack packs plus eraser for Basti. Woohoo!!

A little piece of history for OREO lovers...

OREO was developed and first produced in March 1912 by the National Biscuit Company (today known as Nabisco).

The Mysterious Name

So how did the Oreo get its name? The people at Nabisco aren't quite sure. Some believe that the cookie's name was taken from the French word for gold, "or" (the main color on early Oreo packages). Others claim the name stemmed from the shape of a hill-shaped test version; thus naming the cookie in Greek for mountain, "oreo." Still others believe the name is a combination of taking the "re" from "cream" and placing it between the two "o"s in "chocolate" - making "o-re-o." And still others believe that the cookie was named Oreo because it was short and easy to pronounce.

No matter how it got named, over 362 billion Oreo cookies have been sold since it was first introduced in 1912, making it the best selling cookie of the 20th century.

Check out their web http://brands.nabisco.com/Oreo/
https://www.facebook.com/oreogetdunked.ph
info from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oreo
https://www.facebook.com/oreo/info
http://history1900s.about.com/od/1910s/a/oreohistory.htm
http://thecinnamonsheep.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/oreo-stuffed-brownies/





No comments:

Post a Comment